We have officially made the move to the Sleeper platform. Everyone can now safely stick their middle finger up as high as they can to ESPN and GroupMe, the future of Slab Bacon is at Sleeper. Make sure you download the app and bookmark the site.
I posted this earlier in the new chat room, but the schedule is set, and you can view it here below.
We should be good to go until the draft starts, which by the way, might be moved to Cole’s house (it’s close to the original location) just because it may be more responsible to party there instead of Tony’s place of business. Keep an eye on the new chat room for the final verdict on that, but we are still set for 8/31 evening. I’m already planning out the party supplies and party favors. I hope you guys are pumped.
In not-so-important news, I have created a stats page for each individual team. They are currently in the spreadsheet with yearly and career stat totals and it also includes a graph that compares your score to the league average. I’ll be continuously tweaking this and I plan on adding each one of them to the team’s page on this website.
As you all may remember from the group chat, ESPN has revamped their fantasy platform- and it’s awful. It looks a little more modernized, but functionally it’s really bad and slow, not to mention they deleted our entire league history. Luckily I keep track of our history in our spreadsheet but we did end up losing good post-season data and other small details I was going to incorporate into the spreadsheet later. That shit is unacceptable. I reached out to ESPN customer support and they claimed they didn’t know anything about all the history disappearing. They keep saying they’re going to make improvements (like actually displaying the Standings, scores, and messages on the league homepage – Wow, groundbreaking shit) but they aren’t doing anything about the history which is the most important.
- Fantasycast no longer shows both teams at once
- Scrolling on news doesn’t work well, it’s choppy and sucks dick
- trading block deleted
- everything responds incredibly slowly, it took several minutes just to open up the scores from last year
- THE FUCKING HISTORY WAS DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE
- Scoreboards are often wrong and update when changing pages, even when no teams are playing.
Here’s what ESPN had to say…
Fucking assholes. It seems very unlikely our league will get restored. With that said I’ve already begun exploring other options and here’s what we’re left with.
- Incredible layout- very shiny and new looking
- Built in chat- can replace GroupMe and keep all fantasy stuff in one place
- Won’t delete league history without telling us
- The mobile app is one of the best I’ve seen for fantasy sports
- We can’t recreate our scoring exactly (mainly just DEF/ST scoring).
Above is the defensive scoring difference between Sleeper/ESPN. If you can live with this small change I think Sleeper is the way to go.
- By far the most customizeable fantasy platform out there, we can recreate our scoring exactly the way it has been.
- Not only do they keep history but they keep insanely detailed stats. I’m not even sure what I would do with myself because I would have no spreadsheets left to make.
- We can make the landing page look any way we want just like we used to on ESPN like 3 years ago.
- Supports fun but also unnecessary stuff like sharing videos with the league, survivor pools, etc.
- Because of the amount of detail the site is very ugly and hard to get used to
- The mobile app looks like something out of Windows 95, very clunky and not very intuitive, half of the functions aren’t available unless you use a browser.
- Live update is a little slow and not free (commissioner expense)
If you want to keep the scoring exactly the same and think you can put up with the learning curve of the MFL’s layout, then this would be the way to go.
I would appreciate everyone’s input so we can make the right choice, this is something I will probably bring to a vote soon. If you don’t have a preference and just wanna go with the flow that’s cool too.